Wii Party U is a Wii U game. It started development in somewhere around 2012. It was announced in January 2013, and appeared at E3 2013. It was released on October 25, 2013. It's a sequel to the 2010 Wii game, Wii Party.
There are two board games in Wii Party U like Board Game Island in Wii Party: Highway Rollers and GamePad Island. Over 80 different new minigames are available. Some modes allow players to play on the Wii U GamePad.
- TV Party
- House Party
- Button Smashers (2-4 players, 5-15 min)
- Name That Face (3-4 players, 15 min)
- Lost-and-Found Square (3-4 players, 5-20 min)
- Sketchy Situation (3-4 players, 20 min)
- Do U Know Mii? (3-4 players, 30 min)
- Water Runners (2-4 players, 10 min)
- Feed Mii! (3-4 players, 15 min)
- Dance with Mii (2-4 players, 10 min)
- GamePad Party
- In one of the trailers for the game, a Mii that shares a striking resemblance to Susana appears as one of the players.
- In this game, when the Miis make their happy faces, their eyes don't follow with how much they're tilted down or up. This doesn't happen in Wii Party for the Wii. Their eyes actually follow how much they been tilted down or up.
- Certain Mii Maker characters (such as macrons) will appear as "?" when playing this game. This likely means the game can not read them, so they appear as a ? mark.
- In Minigame Collection, there is a glitch that causes two Miis to appear at once. For example, two Polly's may show up as shown in this video.
- The glitch is not present in any other modes.