|"Pick a number--one, three, or five. If nobody else picks it, you'll climb that many steps. First to the top wins!"|
Strategy Steps is 4-player Minigame from Wii Party.
The objective of the minigame is to reach the top of the stairway. The players chose a number, then the show the numbers they chose. If a player chooses a number that no-one else picked the get to go up that number of steps. If a player chose they same number as another player (or players), none of them move. The first player to the top wins.
Controls = In each round, use the D-Pad to pick number one, three, or five.
- The area resembles the Music Mountain from Wii Music.
- The area also resembles the mountain from Feathered Frenzy.
- If all players somehow pick the same number, they will display a shocked expression.
- You need to choose the number quickly before the timer runs out, otherwise you'll end up missing your chance of climbing the steps, and your Mii will just stand there sad.
- This is one of the few minigames where getting a 4-way tie is actually impossible. The best you can do is a 2-way tie playing normally, or a 3-way tie if one player does not pick anything on that final turn.
- Even when really close to the end, the players that fail to get to the top are not seen making the losing animation because it focuses on the winning players. The closest you'll get is player 2 or 3 being on the last step while someone already finishes.
- Getting it at a specific angle, the Miis will stop looking at the camera directly when they fail to walk up the steps.