|Wii Party U|
|"You're in for an Island Adventure in GamePad Island! In this board game, you get to use the GamePad as a device to "roll the dice" and play games to move ahead."|
It is the only TV Party mode that you can't play with CPU Miis.
The gameplay is similar to Board Game Island but instead of a standard roll each time, there are minigames played on the GamePad which determine the results of the rolls.
The game will start off by giving Player 1 the first turn. He/She will roll a dice in order to move ahead. Then, the other players will do the same.
This is how the players will make progress on the board.
After everyone took their first turn, from there on out, the game that you will play to move an amount of spaces will change in difficulty and which one you'll play. The closer you are from the finish, the harder it is to get a good roll.
You will also have to face challenges in order to continue on with the board. Fail, and it's one space back.
There are also a total of 3 minigame balloons. You have to walk into them in order to use them after the turn ends. If you go over it, there's no way to obtain it. After the turn in which the minigane balloon was grabbed ends, everyone will play for progress
- 1st = 5 spaces
- 2nd = 3 spaces
- 3rd = 2 spaces
- 4th = 1 space
Of course, the challenges aren't the challenges themselves alone. There's also a bridge that will wobble when it has one player standing on it and will throw the players off it when there's two on it. Get thrown off it, and you'll be put in an area that you can only enter by doing that with the bridge.
After someone gets really close to the end, instead of it being chosen at random, the game will let the player in last choose which game will decide how many spaces they move.
If you reach the final challenge and finish it with no flaw, you will win. Of course, it will be hard to, considering that you have to turn the GamePad opposite of you.
- Standard Roll: A normal 1-6 die roll.
- Add 'Em Up: The player rolls a blue die and 1-3 red die. The blue die has numbers 1-6, and the red die has numbers -2-0. More red dice are added on harder difficulties.
- Cannon Blast: A cannon is shot and the player moves whichever number the cannonball lands on. In harder difficulties, the numbers are more scattered.
- Pinball Push: The player shoots a pinball and moves which number the pinball goes into. The numbers are more random in harder difficulties, and there is a 0 added in the Very Hard difficulty.
- In The Balance: The player has to take off fruits and the amount of spaces the player goes depends on the total weight of the remaining fruits. Heavier fruits are added in harder difficulties.
- Beaker Sneak: The player has to pour out water from the beaker. In harder difficulties, the beaker gets smaller.
- Trick Cups: The player chooses a cup and moves that many spaces. The cups go faster in harder difficulties, and there is a 0 cup in the Hard and Very Hard difficulties.
- Air Darts: The player gets five shots to shoot darts at balloons. They move depending on which balloon they popped first. The balloons fly up faster in harder difficulties.
- Card Tapper: The player has one chance to tap a card. They move that many spaces. If they miss the card, they don't get to move. In harder difficulties, the cards move more randomly.
- Balloon Blowup: The player has to blow up a balloon. If they blow it up too much, they pop the balloon and don't move at all. Harder difficulties have slimmer balloons.
On this Challenge, you will turn the GamePad around so it's facing opposite of you (which makes the challenge harder). You will then have to use the TV as a guide to show how you are doing. You need to trace the zig-zag line in a limited time in order to advance further. If you succeed, the wall blocking you will break and you can continue on. Fail and you go back one space. The statues will scare you if you fail.
You will do the exact same as the first challenge, except with a circle instead of a zig-zag line this time. Same goes for this challenge: Succeed and you can continue on. Fail and you go back one space. The statues will scare you if you fail.
In here, you will step upon the Cave of Conundrums, where you must pick 1 of 3 pathways in order to advance further. One of them is correct, the other two are full of bats that will forcefully throw you out of the cave. Just like the other challenges, if you succeed, you continue. You fail, you go back a space. This is the only challenge that does not require tracing a certain shape to advance further.
In this final challenge, you will need to be careful and quick. You must do the same as the first two challenges, except with a swirl. Same goes as the other challenges. Fail and you go back. Succeed and you go on. After you complete this challenge, you win the game. The statues will spit water at you if you fail. You'll be soaking wet afterwards.
- On the bridge, it is said that two Miis cannot be on it at the same time. However, the bridge stays normal when two people are in it and someone is still taking their turn. If their turn ends and he/she is still in the bridge with the other player, then the bridge will do something.
- There is a flock of birds that appears near the ending that will fly away once you get near it. Only two black birds with big beaks will not leave until you succeed or fail in the last challenge.
- There is also a bird seen after clearing the first challenge. After passing by it, it will fly away and will never appear again.
- When a player's turn ends and another player's turn begins, when the screen fades back to normal, chances are that you will see the player looking to the side.
|Modes in Wii Party U|
|TV Party: Highway Rollers - GamePad Island - Mii Fashion Plaza - The Balldozer - Teammate Madness|