|"It's a good old-fashioned space race! When you fly through the pink rings, you'll get a super speed boost."|
The course is briefly shown from above. The camera fades into the Miis flying to the start point. Minigame countdown begins.
The objective of this mini-game is to be the first to finish a race. Players race in a figure 8 track three times to win. Pink rings appear and disappear on the track. If a player comes in contact with them, they get a speed boost.
When a player finishes 3 laps, their Mii will fly away while spinning. When 3 players have completed 3 laps, the camera zooms in on the remaining player and they stop flying.
- The world record for Cosmic Capers (Space Race) is 18.1 seconds, held by wiiMatias.
- In Battle Mode, the camera zooms up to the Mii who finished first, and he or she will smile.
- The Mii also does a victory animation similar to Space Brawl.
- This, Space Brawl and Lucky Launch (when launching) have the same music.
- Part of the music has a slight remix to Gusty Garden Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy.
- Out of those three, Cosmic Capers and Space Brawl both have to do with space.