The Champion is the final CPU faced in a sport, who has the highest skill out of all competitors. After the Champion is beaten, the player will face a random CPU, whose skill level will be much more difficult than who they initially faced.
Beating the champion of any sport results in the player's Mii receiving a message congratulating them on the Wii Message Board, along with a prize usually.
- Tennis - Elisa (Level 2000) and Sarah (Level 1900) (On the Wii Message Board it only says Elisa is the champion)
- Baseball - Sakura (Level 1185 to 1349)
- Boxing - Matt (Level 1550 to 1649) (When you beat him, you can wear his Silver Gloves)
As with Wii Sports, beating the champion of any sports results in the player's Mii receiving a message congratulating them, as well as a badge and a sort of prize (e.g. a purple sword). Excluding Cycling, all champions in Wii Sports Resort have a skill level of 1496 to 1500. A remix of the regular VS. screen featuring a guitar is used whenever a champion is about to be faced.
- The champions of Tennis and Boxing in Wii Sports are also the coaches in the training mode.
- Unlike other champions, Enrique's team is referred to as "Champions", referring to him and his whole team.
- Matt is unique, as he is the champion of 2 sports, being Boxing and Swordplay.