1 vs 1 minigames are one of the five types of minigames in Wii Party. Two players play in them against each other. There is a 5-minute time limit for each minigame to be completed, but some minigames have their own timings. In Wii Party U, all All-Play minigames can be turned into 1vs1 minigames by having two players (against 1 computer or a friend)
All minigames are played with the Wii Remote. Control methods include tilting, swinging up or down, pointing and pressing the
, 1, 2 buttons and the directions on the + Control Pad.
List of 1 vs 1 minigames
There are 11 1 vs 1 minigames:
- Commuter Count
- Timber Topple
- Delivery Duel
- Roll to the Goal
- Channel Changers
- Spring Time
- Jangle Wranglers
- Poppin' Pilots
- Flag Footrace
- Pop-Up Bandits
- Fruit Focus
Modes that include 1 vs 1 minigames
- 1 vs 1 minigames can be selected from Free Play (like every other minigame).
- In Board Game Island, if a player lands on a 1 vs 1 minigame space, he/she can challenge a player (not in the volcano) in an 1 vs 1 minigame and if he/she wins, he/she moves seven spaces while the challenged player must go back seven spaces. Otherwise, nothing happens.
- In Spin-Off, 1 vs 1 minigame can be spun in rounds 5-10. The player who spins it can challenge a player (who has at least 2 medals) for a 1 vs 1 minigame. If he/she wins, he/she gets half the medals of the challenged player. Otherwise, nothing happens.
- In Match-Up, every 3rd round there's an 1 vs 1 minigame and the winner gets an extra heart.
- In a 2-player Battle there are 1 vs 1 minigames.